Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Tibetan Thukpa Recipe






This Tibetan Thukpa Recipe is a hearty noodle soup.I prepared it with medley of vegetables and chicken with Homemade Tibetan Kopan masala or Spice mix.


Preparation Time- 15 min
Cooking Time - 25 min

Ingredients:-

1. Noodles ( I used Rice sticks which I also use to make Pad Thai Recipe)
2. Chicken cut into bite size pieces ( NOTE I already had some homemade chicken stock with chicken cubes so I used it to make my Thukpa).
3. Onion sliced.
4. 2 fat garlic cloves minced.
5. Ginger grated about  1 and half teaspoon
6.  Half of 1 big Tomato pureed along with small cherry tomatoes.( I used up the cherry tomatoes You can simple use  whatever tomato you have ).
7. Green Onion chopped and white and green parts separated.
8.1 fresh chilly sliced ( I used Thai chilly)
9. Vegetables ( I used sliced carrots,sliced cabbage and Potato cubed) you can use your choice of vegetables.
10. Mushrooms sliced.
11. Homemade Kopan Masala or Tibetan spice Mix (you can use ready made or click the link below to get the recipe ):-

Kopan Masala or Tibetan Spice Mix

12. Salt as per your taste.
13. Sugar 1/2 teaspoon or as per your taste.
14. Oil 1 tablespoon.(Olive/Sunflower/Peanut/Vegetable oil)
15. Paprika or kashmiri chilly powder (1/4 teaspoon )
16. Pinch of Turmeric powder.
17. Soy sauce - 2 teaspoon.
18. Sprinkle of black pepper.

Preparation:-

1.Clean,chop and slice all the vegetables  as mentioned above.
2. Make the kopan masala .
3. If using chicken then marinate with sprinkle of salt.
4. Boil the noodle as per package instruction.

Cooking :-

1. Take a large and deep pot ( I used my on stick ) add oil and when it is hot add the minced garlic,when garlic begins to just brown not burnt add the sliced onion and fry til it wilts and turn pink ,add the grated ginger ,mix and cook.

2. Next add the tomato puree along with little salt and mix.Cook til oil seeps out and then add the potatoes along with paprika,Turmeric and also add the chicken pieces.Cover and cook .( If you are using chicken make it into small  boneless bite size pieces so that it cooks fast.I used the chicken stock with cooked chicken in it.

3. Next add the  water/chicken stock.I added the chicken stock and little sugar. As potato takes more time to cook so I added it before.Now I will add the carrots and cabbage and mushroom as it won't take much time to cook.Also add the salt as per your taste .Add the white and green parts of spring onion towards the end reserving some for garnishing.Cover and let the soup simmer on medium low heat.

4.When almost done add the Kopan Masala or Tibetan spice mix and the cooked noodle and simmer again for few minutes.

5. Serve it  warm  with garnish of sliced chilly,black pepper sprinkle and some chopped spring onions.

Pictures:-



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sichuan or Szechuan Fried Rice Recipe

Sichuan or Szechuan Fried Rice Recipe This Chinese style Sichuan  fried rice is spicy(you may adjust the spiciness as per you...

Popular from my blog