Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Easy Calzones Recipe or Mini Calzones

Easy Calzone Recipe or Mini Calzones



These Calzones are from the famous Italian cuisine which are folded pizza.These I made are mini Calzones with Indian style stuffing with Potatoes,Cilantro,Onion ,Spices and also Cheese.

Preparation Time- For rising the dough about 1 and half to 2 hrs and other preparation 20 min.
Cooking Time- Baking Time 12-15 min but may vary depending on your oven.

Ingredients for dough:-

1. 2 cups all purpose flour or Maida + 2 teaspoon more flour added during kneading ( 1/2 teaspoon added 4 times ,do not add it all together,add when needed )
2.1/4th teaspoon of salt
3. 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast
4. 1 teaspoon of sugar.
5. 1 - 3/4 th cup Luke warm water
6. 1 teaspoon olive oil + 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.

Ingredients for stuffing :-

I made an Indian stuffing with Indian spice mix for my mini Italian Calzone. Fusion :)

1. Boiled Potatoes chopped about 1 and half cup.
2. Peas ( I used frozen thawed green peas )
3. Corn ( I used frozen thawed )
4. Cilantro ( 4-5 twigs )
5. Salt as per your taste ( I added half teaspoon )
6. Ketchup/Tomato sauce ( I added around half tablespoon )
7. Tandoori Masala/Spice mix ( I used ready made ) 1 and half teaspoon.
8. Chopped fresh chilly as per your heat tolerance.
9. Black pepper sprinkle.
10. Fresh Mozzarella cheese cut into cubes ( Use any cheese of your choice like grated or cubed cheddar )
11. 1- 2 teaspoon oil
12. Onion chopped about half cup.

Preparation:-

1. First take Luke warm water in a bowl ( NOT HOT ) and add the yeast and sugar into it and set it aside (7-8 mins ) til the yeast is activated.
2. Take a big bowl add the all purpose flour or maida ( 2 cups ) and add salt to it and mix gently.
3. When the yeast activates add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to it give  a gentle stir and then slowly add to the flour and knead it to a smooth dough adding 1/2 teaspoon of flour at a time when needed to knead a smooth dough. ( I added total 2 teaspoon of flour 1/2 teaspoon at a time for 4 times ).
4. Lastly add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to smooth out the dough and grease  the bowl.I keep the kneaded flour in the same bowl I knead the flour,less work for me :).
5. Cover and rest the dough til it doubles in size in a warm place ( I usually keep it inside my OVEN WITH ONLY THE OVEN LIGHT ON NOT THE OVEN ON ). It took about 1 and half hour to double in volume/size.
6.Boil the Potatoes ,chop it and also chop the vegetables.

Cooking/ Baking :-

1. Take an utensil ( I used non stick ),add oil and then add the onion.let it wilt and turn pink and then add the potatoes,peas,corns,tandoori masala,ketchup,black pepper ,chilly and salt .Give it a mix.No need to add the cheese now into the stuffing.Ad it when you stuff into the Calzone.
2. When stuffing is done set it aside to come to room temperature.
3. Next when the dough is ready. Expel out the gas and then make balls out of the dough.
4. With rolling pin roll out individual balls into disc shape,add little stuffing and cheese ,make it into a semi circle and then seal the ends and press the ends it a fork.Just poke with fork on each Calzone in 2-3 places.
5. I made about 6 small Calzones . [ see pictures to get an idea ]
6. Pre heat your oven to 500 degree Fahrenheit that is about 260 degree Centigrade and bake the Calzones for about 12-15 min til you get a brown crust on a baking dish.(I used my Pizza baking Pan)

NOTE - Oven varies  so timing may differ.Keep an eye.

Pictures:-


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sichuan or Szechuan Fried Rice Recipe

Sichuan or Szechuan Fried Rice Recipe This Chinese style Sichuan  fried rice is spicy(you may adjust the spiciness as per you...

Popular from my blog