Thursday, February 15, 2018

Homemade Thai Red Curry Paste

Homemade Thai Red Curry Paste



This Homemade Thai Red Curry paste can be used to make different red curry based Thai dishes .Here is the link to make Thai Chicken Mango Pineapple Curry with Shrimp:-

Thai Chicken Mango Pineapple Curry with Shrimp


Preparation Time - Soaking dry red chilly (I used Serrano and Indian in hot water 1-2 hrs )and other preparation - 10 min

Cooking Time - If using Grinder 2 min ,If using mortar and pestle or hamaldista It will take time approx 15-20 min may be more ( I used grinder )

Ingredients:-

1. Dry red chilly  De seeded  ( I used 4-5 ,you can use more as per your heat tolerance ) I also used 1/2 teaspoon of paprika powder.

Mince the following :-

2. 1/2 tablespoon Cilantro stem /dhaniya patta stalk
3. 1/2 tablespoon Garlic
4. 1/2 tablespoon Ginger
5. 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Grass
6. 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Coriander seeds/dhaniya
7. 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds/jeera
8. 1/4 teaspoon Whole black peppercorns /golmorich
9. 1 and 1/2 tablespoon Shallots

NOTE - Lime zest and Lime juice I add straight to the curry not in the red curry paste.
(Lime zest of 1 Lime and juice from half a Lime )

Preparation :-

1. Throw the water of the soaked and seeds removed of the dry red chilly and grind it with the ingredients mentioned under (mince the following ) and at last add Paprika to it . ( Paprika is optional,its actually not added ,I added because I wanted the colour as I used much less dry  chilly).I used as minimal water as possible.

If using Mortar and Pestle or Hamaldista  or krok then keep your wet and dry ingredients separate.First pound he dry keep aside  followed by the wet and then mix them.

NOTE

1. Kaffir Lime is actually used but I did not get them so I used normal Lime.
2. I did not use Shrimp Paste.
3. Cilantro Root is used I substituted it with Cilantro stem.
4. I substituted White peppercorns for Black peppercorns.
5. I did not add salt in the paste.I add it straight into the curry.
6. I substituted Ginger for Galangal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sichuan or Szechuan Fried Rice Recipe

Sichuan or Szechuan Fried Rice Recipe This Chinese style Sichuan  fried rice is spicy(you may adjust the spiciness as per you...

Popular from my blog